- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Pet Surgery Services at KVet Animal Care
Surgery can be a major undertaking for humans and pets alike, so it's not unusual for pet owners to feel a bit skittish about schedule a surgical procedure for their beloved animals. But as performed by our skilled veterinary team at KVet Animal Care, surgery can do pets a world of good, from diagnosing ailments to treating or even preventing serious conditions. Your pet will receive the highest standards of surgery, anesthesia, and a post-operative follow up care in Greensburg, PA.
Why Pets Need Surgery
Pets may require surgery for many different reasons -- and not all of them are life-or death scenarios. A surgical procedure can be as routine as a tooth extraction or as involved as a major internal operation. A few common reasons your pet might need surgery include:
- Preventative wellness - Spay and neuter surgery is a good example of a surgery performed to prevent health problems (not to mention unwanted litters) by removing the reproductive organs that are vulnerable to aggressive cancers.
- Pain management - Orthopedic surgeries to reconstruct a damaged knee or modify a hip ravaged by dysplasia are good examples of surgeries performed to ease pain and improve function.
- Dental health - Dental extractions can get rid of painfully broken teeth and the infections they promote, while oral cancer surgery could even save your pet's life.
- Diagnostics - Sometimes surgery is performed for diagnostic reasons. Exploratory surgery helps us understand the exact state of your pet's health so we can recommend the right form of treatment.
- Emergencies - Serious lacerations, fractures, and other acute injuries may all need emergency surgery. We may also perform surgery to treat bloat, difficult labor, urinary blockages and other urgent situations.
Anesthesia: A Valuable Surgical Tool
Whatever kind of surgery your pet needs, anesthesia can play an important role in making the procedure go as smoothly as possible. Anesthesia keeps your pet still as well as comfortable -- a critical measure for ensuring the operation's success. We will examine your pet thoroughly to establish the right anesthesia for his needs and then monitor the administration of that anesthesia with great care.
Post-Op Care for Your Pet
Our care for your pet doesn't end with surgery. We will prescribe anti-inflammatory painkillers and antibiotics to ease the recovery process, while also advising you on recuperative care at home. We can then schedule a follow-up examination to track your pet's progress.
Contact Any Greensburg Veterinarian on Our Team
Any Greensburg veterinarian on our three-vet team can give your pet the best possible surgical and post-surgical experience. Call 724-216-5174 today to schedule surgery at KVet Animal Care!